First Ever Award
I never expected an award for my poetry; my purpose here is not one of popularity but rather to deliver a message—and that message I hope is clear with a bit of sting to it. Nonetheless, I’m flattered that Ruth Brodrick at I-Read nominated me for my poetry for the Premio Dardos Award.
What is the Premio Dardos Award
Premio Dardos means “Prize Darts” in Spanish. It is given for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing.
There are three rules with this award:
- Accept the award by posting it on your blog along with the name of the person that has granted the award and link to his or her blog
- Include the image of the “Premio Dardos” in the post
- Pass the award to another 15 blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgement
Arguing With Myself
Surely you must see the difficulty facing me in accepting this award, as every blog I follow–and there are more than 15 mind you–is due award in its own light; if not, I’d not follow it. And so at the risk of offending some, I argued with myself as to whether or not to accept Premio Dardos. It was at times a much-heated argument that nearly erupted to fisticuffs. However, I was able to agree with myself and come to conclusion that to ignore Ruth’s recognition would be insult to her. And just as importantly, I would not miss opportunity to rain special acknowledgement upon those who I admire. And too it might come that I introduce bloggers of similar concerns. As such, I accepted the honor.
My selections being limited to 15 blogs, I’ve devised a rather selective process.
A Selective Selection Process
- You must be a follower of Crows Head Soup. This was not decided without a great deal of remorse. (I have made one necessary exception to this that I shall not draw attention to (after all, it is my selection process and I reserve the right to deviate (so much for fairness, eh)))
- You must be an active participant with Crows Head Soup.
- You must be part in the liberation of animals, or be one whom I feel through our interaction has taken to heart to some appreciable degree the cruelty man has inflicted upon our fellow earthlings.
- And you must have posted a post to your blog within the last 30 days, give or take.
And so, with the whittling of several notable blogs whittled off–and if I recall my alphabet correctly, I present in nothing more than alphabetical order, my nominees.
- Animal Spirits, The
- Central Oregon Author Rob London
- Deconstructing Myths
- Fur Out the Closet
- Poetry Whisperer, The
- Rational Outlook
- Rethinking Life
- Sonmi Cloud
- Stories from the Belly
- Voices From The Margins
- Walking With The Alligators
Finally, and though beginning a “new year” in the midst of a season seems a bit strange and somewhat suspicious to me, I wish you all a happy new year.